Propolis comes from the substance secreted by the bees from the buds of certain plants and trees which is combined with their saliva and pollen. Its neither royal jelly nor honey but gummy and resinous substance. Its secreted by the bees to protect their hives from external enemies like bacteria and viruses.
Bee propolis is made up of wax, resins, essential oils, balms, etc. It’s rich in flavonoids, polyphenols, and antioxidants. It has numerous therapeutic effects like
- Immune booster
Benefits of Propolis
It helps to stimulate the nervous and endocrine system. Detoxifies the liver and digestive system by eliminating toxins also balances the intestinal flora. Strengthens bones and tissues by making them strong. Protects our body against infections.
Uses of Bee Propolis
- Stops premature aging due to stress and vitamin deficiencies.
- Prevents constipation, colitis, bloating, etc
- Helps in treating depression
- Prevents endocrine disorders like thyroid problems, diabetes, prostate cancer, etc
- Balances the PH of the blood
- Regulates growth in children
Propolis is for those who want to boost their immune system and fight infections and diseases. It is advisable to choose propolis obtained through organic farming to ensure optimal quality without the usage of pesticides and heavy metals.